Interplay’s media-training sessions cover all the essentials you need to perform well through the media, at both introductory and advanced levels. We help participants to understand:
- The terrain: the media’s role, interests and motivations Personal preparation: dressing and presentation, rehearsing, and negotiating for interviews
- Organizational preparation: creating a targeted media list, pitching a story, building key messages and Q&A scenarios, developing media marketing material, organizing events that attract media
- Dealing with various interview formats and media
- Staying in control of interview dynamics: handling difficult questions, keeping focused on key messages, avoiding or deflecting hostile interviewers, anticipating traps and pitfalls
- Spokesperson training: delivering media-friendly, jargon-free messages and addressing complex topics
- Follow-up: evaluating your performance
Adapting to you and your organization
We deliver courses and coaching to individuals and groups, for public- and private-sector organizations of all sizes. We’re also comfortable with tailoring course content and structure to individual and group needs—especially when your organization expects to meet a specific challenge in the near future. Each of our clients has the opportunity to discuss content with us in advance, to maximize the value of our training sessions. In group sessions drawn from more than one organization, we invite trainees to work with their own scenarios, or choose from common media situations.
A dedicated team and a full-service shop
Our trainers understand media from the inside out. We have extensive experience, both in reporting through television, radio, newspapers and magazines – and in preparing senior-level spokespeople for all types of media interviews.